Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 01 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 01 September, 2020 – Highlights
- India develops the World’s Largest Solar Tree
- Chunauti : The next Generation start up challenge contest
1. India develops the World’s Largest Solar Tree
The CSIR’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute(CMERI) has developed the world’s largest ‘solar tree’. The solar tree is installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony, Durgapur.
- The installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 kWp. It can generate 12,000 – 14,000 units of Clean and Green Power.
- There are a total of 35 solar PV panels in each tree and each panel has a capacity of 330 wp.
- The solar Tree has been designed in a way to ensure maximum exposure of the solar PV panels to sunlight and minimum shadow area.
- The Solar Tree has the potential to save 10-12 tons of carbon di oxide released as green house gases when compared with fossil fuel fired energy grid.
- The excess power generated can be directed into an energy grid.
- Each solar tree cost about Rs 7.2 lakhs.
2. Chunauti : The next Generation start up challenge contest
The Central Government of India launched “Chunauti”, the next generation startup challenge contest on 28th August 2020. The Chunauti contest aims to further boost startups and software products by giving special attention on Tier-II towns of India.
- The Government has earmarked a budget of Rs 95.03 for over a period of three years.
- The Contest will identify about 300 startups who are engaged in identified areas and offer them seed fund of upto Rs 25 lakh along with other facilities.
- Under this programme the startups will be invited from the followig areas of work-
- Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech and Fin-Tech solution for masses
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation Management.
- Infrastructure andc Remote Monitoring.
- Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive and Psychologiocal Care.
- Linguistic tools and Technologies, Jobs and Skilling.