Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 02 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 02 October 2020
1. ICGS Kanaklata Baruah Commissioned
A fast patrol vessel(FPV) of the Indian Coast Guard(ICG) named after a women freedom fighter of Assam Kanaklata Baruah, was commissioned in Kolkata on September 30, 2020.
- The FPV ICGS Kanaklata Baruah replaced the FPV with same name which was decommissioned in 2017.
- The vessel has been built by Kolkata-based Garden Reach Ship Builders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE).
- The ship is designed to achieve speeds exceeding 34 knots with an endurance of more than 1,500 nautical miles.
- It can be used for operations like patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching, rescue etc.
- These ships are fitted with 40/60 Gun as a main armament and have improved habitability features with fully air-conditioned modular accommodation for 35 personnel.
About Kanaklata Baruah
Kanaklata Baruah, an assamese freedom fighter was born in Gohpur, Assam on 22 December, 1924. She lost her life in a British police firing while leading a procession during the Quit India Movement at Gohpur on September 20, 1942. She was only 17 years old at the time of attaining martyrdom.
2. World’s First Asteroid Mining Robot
China is going to become the first country to send out the world’s first ‘asteroid mining robot‘ into space in November 2020. This will be accomplished by a private company, Origin Space from Beijing China.
- Despite being described as an ‘asteroid mining robot’, no actual mining will be done . The robot is a preliminary assessment-field-testing technologies designed for eventual asteroid mining.
- The robot is called as NEO-1 .
- NEO-1 will be probably launched as a secondary payload on a Chinese Long March rocket and will enter at an altitude of 500 km.