Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 02 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 02 September, 2020
Central Government approves Mission Karmayogi
The Union Cabinet approved “Mission Karmayogi”, a unique skill building programme for civil servants across the country on September 2, 2020. The programme is officially called as “National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building“.
Aim of the Programme
The programme aims to lay foundations for capacity building of civil servants. It will help the officers to learn about the best practices performed by civil servants all over the world.
Six Pillars of the Programme
- Policy Framework
- Institutional Framework
- Competency Framework
- Digital Learning Framework iGOT-Karmayogi
- The Electronic Human Resource Management System
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- The programme will build future-ready civil services with the right attitude, skills & knowledge, aligned to the vision of New India.
- Ministries will invest directly and co-create a common learning system.
- The Union Government will set up Capacity Building Commission to harmonise traning standards.
- The programme will be accessible for all, from section officers to secretaries of the office.
- More focus will be on ‘on-site learning‘ in complementing ‘off-site learning’.
- E-learning will have more focus.
- A platform iGOT will be launched by the Government to give access to content from across the world.
- Mission Karmayogi will have an annual subscription fee of Rs 413 that will be charged per civil servants.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) will be set up to manage digital resources and create a market place for content.
- The SPV will be registered as a company with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
India-Finland Cooperation approved by Union Government
The Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and Geological Survey of Finland and Ministry of Employment and Economy, Finland signed an MoU on September 2, 2020 for the cooperation in the field of geology and mineral resources between India and Finland.
The MoU facilitates cooperation in the field of geology, training, mineral prognostication and suitability analysis,3/4D modeling, Seismic and other Geophysical surveys etc. It aims to provide with a framework and a platform to promote and foster cooperation in the fields of geology and mineral resources. Both the participants will be mutually benefited economically, socially and environmentally.