Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 03 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 03 September 2020 – Highlights
- Sati Radhika Award 2020 Presented
- Biodiversity Council to be set up in Jammu & Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir Language Bill, 2020 approved by Union Cabinet
1. Sati Radhika Award 2020 Presented
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal presented the Sati Radhika Award 2020 to noted social worker of Dima Hasao district Evelyntice Sajem on September 2, 2020.
Evelyntice Sajem is the first recipient of Sati Radhika Award which has been introduced by Government of Assam from this year(2020). The award carries a citation, angabashtra, sarai and a cheque of Rs 2 lakh.
About Evelyntice Sajem
Evelyntice Sajem, born in 1947 has been a social worker for many years and contributed immensely to women empowerment.
She founded the Halflong Girls’ High School in 1966 and later took the charge of principal in 2003.
Sajem is the first Scheduled Tribe(ST) woman to be graduated from the Dima Hasao district. She worked for women empowerment, health and child welfare in her are and her hard work led to 100 per cent literacy rate among the women of Jatinga.
2. Biodiversity Council to be set up in Jammu & Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir Government is going to set up a Biodiversity Council to look after the conservation of biological diversity in the Union Territory and also to focus on sustainable use of the components of the Union Territory.
- The Council will be headed by the Chief Conservator of Forests,
- There will be 10 members in the council of which five will be non-official.
- The term of office for the non-official members will be three years.
- The Biodiversity Council will function under the jurisdiction of the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory.
- It will function in consultation with National Biodiversity Authority.
3. Jammu and Kashmir Language Bill, 2020 approved by Union Cabinet
The Jammu and Kashmir Language Bill, 2020 got approved by the Union Cabinet on September 2, 2020. This bill is approved to make five languages – Hindi, Urdu, Dogri, Kashmiri and English as the official language of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
Urdu and English were the official language of Jammu and Kashmir when it was a state. Three more languages – Hindi, Dogri and Kashmiri have been added now. It can be noted that Dogri and Kashmiri were not official languuages of any state in India inspite of their inclusion in the eight schedule of the Indian Constitution.