Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 04 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 04 October 2020
1.World’s longest High-Altitude Tunnel inaugurated
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi inaugurated the world longest high-altitude tunnel, the Atal Tunnel on 3rd September, 2020.
- The tunnel is located above the altitude of 10,000 feet and it is 9.02 km long.
- The tunnel is located in the Pir Panjal range of Himalaya under Rohtang pass.
- The tunnel has a capacity to carry 1500 trucks and 3000 cars per day with a maximum speed of 80 km/hr.
- It reduces the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 km.
- The tunnel was built at a cost of Rs 3,300 crores.
- Some features of the tunnel are – emergency escape at every 500 metres, telephones at every 150 metres, Auto-incident Detection System with CCTV cameras at every 250 metres, Evacuation lightning at every 25 metres, Air Quality monitors at every 60 metres etc.
2. India test-fired new version of nuclear-capable Shaurya missile
On October 3, 2020 India test-fired a new version of nuclear-capable Shaurya missile from the coast of Odisha.
- The Shaurya missile is a complex system having a high-performance navigation and guidance systems and efficient propulsion system.
- The Shaurya missile is a canister launched hypersonic surface-to-surface tactical missile.
- The missile has a striking range from 700 to 1900 kms.
- It can carry a conventional or nuclear warhead payload of 200 kg to 1 ton.
- It is developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO).
3. Swachh Bharat Awards – 2020 presented
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat gave away the Swachh Bharat Awards – 2020 to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats on 2nd October, 2020.
The awards were presented particularly under the drinking water and cleanliness categories.
The awards were given for three missions –
Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya – Under Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya –
- Gujrat bagged the first position at state level,
- Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu got the award for cleanliness at District level,
- Khachrod Block in Ujjain district Madhya Pradesh acheived the first position in Block level.
- Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu bagged the first slot at Gram Panchayat level.
Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan – Under Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan –
- Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh were awarded as the best performing states.
- Prayagraj and Bareilly got the award for best performing Districts.
Gandagi Mukth Bharat Mission – Under Gandagi Mukth Bharat Mission Haryana and Telengana were awarded the top position under State level category.