Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 06 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 06 October 2020
1. Three scientist won 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics
The 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to three scientist- Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez on 6th October 2020 for advancing the understanding of black holes.
- Roger Penrose received half of the prize “for the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the general theory of relativity“.
- Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez shared the second half of the prize “for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy”.
- Black hole is a region in spacetime where gravity is so strong that nothing can escape from it.
- No particles even electromagnetic radiation like light can escape from black hole.
2. SS Kalpana Chawla Cargo Spacecraft launched to ISS
NASA has launched the Northrop Grumman Cygnus resupply spacecraft to ISS which was named as “SS Kalpana Chawla“. An Antares rocket was used to launch the spacecraft from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS). The spacecraft will deliver nearly 8,000 pounds of scientific investigations, technology demonstrations, commercial products, and other cargo to the International Space Station(ISS).
3. Monetary Policy Committee members appointed by GOI
Jayant R Varma, Shashank Bhinde and Ashima Goyal have been appointed as the new members of Monetary Policy Committee(MPC) by the Government of India.
- The Monetary Policy Committee was set up in 2016.
- It prepares the monetary policies for the country by using the monetary policy tools such as – bank rate, repo rate, reverse repo rate rate and cash reserve ratio.
- The members of the Monetary Policy Committee are appointed by a search-cum-selection committee that comprises of RBI Governor, three experts in the field of economics and the econonomic affairs secretary.