Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 06 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 06 September 2020 – Highlights
- New Information Technology Policy approved by Karnataka
- State of Young Child in India Report released
- State Reform Action Plan 2019 released
1. New Information Technology Policy approved by Karnataka
The Karnataka Government approved a new Information Policy on September 3, 2020. The policy will help the state to retain and leverage its position in technology and innovations.
Aim of the policy
The aim of the IT policy is to enable “the State’s IT industry to contribute 30% to India’s goal of becoming a trillion-dollar digital economy”.
The policy also aims to boost IT penetration & innovation, enable a remote, distributed labour force beyond Bengaluru and evolve a Cyber Security policy.
2. State of Young Child in India Report released
The Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu released the “State of Young Child in India” report on September 4, 2020.
- The “State of Young Child in India” report is a comprehensive account of the challenges related to early child development in India.
- The report has been prepared by the Mobile Creches, a policy advocacy organisation.
- The report mentions that of the 159 million children aged below 6 years in India, 21 per cent are undernourished, 36 per cent are underweight and 38 per cent do not receive full immunization.
- Based on ranking and values on the Young child outcome index Kerela, Goa, Tripura and Tamil Nadu were named as the top performers.
- Eight states – Assam, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar scored below the national average.
3. State Reform Action Plan 2019 released
The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman released the “State Reform Action Plan 2019” ranking on 5th September, 2020.
The ranking shows how India States have fared in enhancing ease of doing Business for an Atmanirbhar Bharat. It is based on the implementation of the business reform action plan 2019 by the States and Union Territories. The exercise is aimed to promote competition among states with a view to improving the business climate to attract domestic and foreign investments.
The parameters for the ranking includes areas such as construction permit, labour regulation, environmental registration, access to information, land availability and single-window system.
Andhra Pradesh has topped the list for the third time in a row followed by Uttar Pradesh. Telangana occupied the third spot in the ranking of best performing states in ease of doing business.
Top 10 States
|Rank||Name of States|