Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 07 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 07 October 2020
1. Three scientist won 2020 Nobel Prize in Medicine
Americans Harvey J Alter and Charles M Rice, and British scientist Michael Houghton were jointly awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology on 5th October, 2020 “for the discovery of Hepatitis C virus“. Hepatitis C is a chronic disease which is a major cause of liver inflammation and cancer.
2. Noble Prize in Chemistry awarded to Emmanuelle and Jennifer
The Nobel prize in Chemistry 2020 has been awarded jointly to two scientist – Emmanuelle Charpentier of France and Jennifer A Doudna of America for the gene-editing technique known as the CRISPr-Cas9 DNA snipping “scissors”.
It’s the first time a Nobel science prize has gone to a women-only team.
3. Indian Coast Guard launched Vigraha
The Indian Coast Guard have launched a 98 metre long offshore patrol vessel called ‘Vigraha’ at Kattupali, Chennai on October 7, 2020.
- The Vigraha also called Yard-45007 , is a 98m long Ship with a displacement of 2100 knots.
- It can achieve a top speed of 26 knots.
- The vessel possesses advanced navigation and communication equipment. The ship has been designed to carry integral Twin Engine Helicopter.
- It is armed with a 30 mm 2A42 Naval Gun and two 12.7 m guns.