Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 11 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 11 September 2020
Matsya Sampada Yojana launched
On September 10, 2020 Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Matsya Sampada Yojana’ for the sustainable development of the fisheries sector of India.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana(PMMSY)
The PMMSY is a scheme that intends to address the critical gaps in fish production and productivity, quality, technology, post-harvest infrastructure and management, modernisation and strengthening of value chain, traceability, establishing a robust fisheries management framework and fishers’ welfare.
The scheme has been approved at a total estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crores to be implemented over a period of five years.
Aims and Objectives of Matsya Sampada Yojana
(a)Harnessing of fisheries potential in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive and equitable manner.
(b)Enhancing of fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification and productive utilization of land and water
(c)Modernizing and strengthening of value chain post-harvest management
and quality improvement.
(d)Doubling fishers and fish farmers incomes and generation of employment.
(e)Enhancing contribution to Agriculture GVA and exports.
(f)Social, physical and economic security for fishers and fish farmers.
(g)Robust fisheries management and regulatory framework.
- PMMSY will be implemented as an umbrella scheme having both Centrally Sector Components and Centrally Sponsored Scheme Components.
- The scheme will create a conducive environment for private sector participation, development of entrepreneurship, business models, promotion of ease of doing business, innovations and innovative project activities including start-ups, incubators etc. in fisheries sector.
- Well structured implementation framework will be created for effective implementation right up to district or sub-district level.
- Enhancing exports to Rs 1 lakh Crore by 2024-25 is one of the key objectives of PMMSY.
- Under the scheme Insurance coverage for fishing vessels will be introduced for the first time.
- Thrust on organic aquaculture promotion and certification.
- Thrust on Seaweed and ornamental Fisheries to generate huge employment.
India, France, Australia hold first trilateral dialogue
The first India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue held virtually on September 9, 2020. The focus of the dialogue was on enhancing the cooperation in the Indo-pacific Region that has been witnessing increasing Chinese military assertiveness.
- In the meeting the three sides agreed to hold the dialogue on an annual basis.
- The three sides discussed economic and geo-strategic challenges and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific particularly in the context of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The three countries had an exchange on the priorities, challenges and trends in regional and global multilateral institutions including the best ways to strengthen and reform multilateralism.
- Cooperation on marine global commons and potential areas for practical partnership at the trilateral and regional level were also discussed.