Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 12 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 12 October 2020
1. The Nobel Prize in Literature- 2020
The 2020 Nobel Prize in literature went to American poet Louish Gluck “for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal”.
2. The Nobel Peace Prize-2020
The United Nations’ World Food Programme won the Nobel Peace Prize -2020 for its effort to combat hunger and food insecurity around the globe.
About World Food Programme
- The World Food Programme is a global body affiliated to the United Nations.
- It was established by the the United Nations in 1961
- The Objective of WFP is to alleviate hunger from the world.
- The organization runs various programmes to achieve its aim of helping more than 15% of the world’s population that is facing hunger.
3. India test-fires Rudram
India has successfully test fired the Rudram – missile from its primary test platfrom Sukhoi30 fighter aircraft . It is an Anti-Radiation missile developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO).
- The Rudram missile have a strike range of around 100 to 150 kms.
- It weighs about 140 kg.
- The air-to-ground missile is first of its kind developed by DRDO for the IAF.
- It can also be integrated and launched with Jaguar, Mirage 2000, Tejas, and Tejas Mark 2.
- The missile has been powered by a dual-pulsed solid motor.