Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 14 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 14 October 2020
1. Nobel Prize in Economics – 2020
The Nobel Prize in Economics for the year 2020 have been awarded to American economist Paul Milgram and Robert Wilson for their contributions to auction theory.
- Milgram and Wilson were recognized for theoretical discoveries that improved how auctions work.
- According to Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Milgram and Wilson invented new formats for auctioning many interrelated objects on behalf of a seller motivated by doing good for society rather than achieving the highest price possible.
- The prize for economics is officially known as the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences.
- The prize was established by Sweden’s central bank and has been awarded since 1969.
2. First State to become a Digital State in Public Education
Kerela has become the first state to make public education completely digital.
- The total expenditure incurred on the initiative was Rs 43.36 crores.
- The project was implemented by Kerela Infrastructure and Technology for Education.
- The project have set up more than 45000 high-tech classrooms across 4752 schools.
- Under the project high-tech labs are also set up in some 11275 schools at primary and secondary levels.
- About 12,678 schools have access to high speed broadband connection in Kerela.
- The Classrooms are equipped with projectors, televisions, webcams, laptops, DSLR cameras and several types of other digital equipment.