Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 17 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 17 October 2020
1. India to gift a Kilo Class Submarine to Myanmar
India has confirmed on 15th October, 2020 that it is going to gift a submarine to Myanmar, the country’s first as part of its Saagar initiative.
- The Kilo Class submarine is named as INS Sindhuvir.
- INS Sindhuvir will be Myanmar’s first submarine.
- The decision of gifting the submarine is taken in order to comply with India’s vision of Security and Growth for All in the Region(SAGAR) policy.
- The submarine is a class of diesel-electric attack submarines designed and built in the Soviet Union for the Soviet Union.
- The submarine is equipped with a wide range of weapons and sensors.
2. India, France re-elected in International Solar Alliance
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has announced that India has been re-elected as President of International Solar Alliance(ISA). Along with India , France is also re-elected as the Co-President of ISA.
- 34 ISA Member Ministers, 53 Member Countries and 5 signatory and prospective member countries attended the Third Assembly of ISA.
- 1o Indian public sector organisations presented cheques of USD 1 million.
- Solar Awards were awarded for the first time to the countries where institutions and regions are working for solar power.
- RK Singh represented India as the President of ISA Assembly.
- Barbara Pompili represented France as the Co-President of ISA Assembly.