Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 20 October 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 20 October 2020
1. Denmark Open Title in Badminton won by Nozomi Okuhara
Nozomi Okuhara, Japanese Former World Champion won the Denmark Open title in Badminton that was played at Odense.
- Nozomi Okuhara, won the title by beating three time world champion Carolina Marin in the women’s single.
- Anders Antonsen from Denmark defeated Rasmus Gemke to win the Men’s single.
- In the mixed double category Mark Lamsfuss and Isabel Herttrich of Germany defeated Chris and Gabby Adcock of England in the finals.
- Yuki Fukushima and Sayaka Hirota won the women’s double by defeating Mayu Matsumoto and Wakana Nagahara.
- The Men’s double title is clinched by Marcus Ellis and Chris Langridge Ivan form England . They defeated Russian Pair Valdimir Ivanov and Ivan Sozonov to clinch the title .
2. India – Sri Lanka joint naval exercise.
India -Sri Lanka began a three-day military exercise off Trincomalee on 19th October, 2020.
- The joint military exercise is known as SLINEX -2020.
- It will feature a series of complex drills, including surface and anti-air weapon firings and cross-deck flying operations, with an aim to further fine-tune the “high degree” of inter – operability between the two navies.
- India will deploy anti-sumarine warfare corvettes Kamorta and INS Kiltan, Chetak helicopters, advanced light helicopters etc.
- Sri Lankan Navy will be representede by offshore patrol vessel Sayura and training ship Gajabahu.