Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 28 August 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 28 August, 2020 – Highlights
- Mareika Lucas Rijneveld becomes the youngest author to win International Booker Prize
- Assam Government raised Upper age limit for State Government Jobs
Mareika Lucas Rijneveld becomes the youngest author to win International Booker Prize
Mareika Lucas Rijneveld, a 29-year-old Dutch author becomes the youngest author to win International Booker Prize. Rijneveld won the prize of 50,000 pounds for his debut novel ‘The Discomfort of Evening‘.
The International Booker Prize for the year 2020 was announced on August 26, 2020. The award will be shared with the translator of the book Michele Hutchinson. He translated the book from Dutch to English.
About the Novel
The Novel ‘The Discomfort of Evening‘ starts with a young girl named Jas who was angry for not being allowed to accompany her brother to ice-skating. In a rage, she wishes death upon him and the wish comes true.
International Booker Prize
The International Booker Prize is an international literary award hosted in the United Kindom. It was first awarded in 2005 to Albanian writer Ismail Kadare. The award is given every year to a single book in English translation, with a 50,000 pounds prize for the winning title . The award is shared equally between author and translator.
Assam Government raised Upper age limit for State Government Jobs
The State Cabinet of Assam decided to raise the upper age limit for State Government Jobs in Group III and Group IV categories from 38 years to 40 years on August 27, 2020.
Other decisions taken in State Cabinet –
- The State cabinet has approved the Assam Skill Development University Bill. The approval of the bill has paved the way for setting up of a Skill University at Mangaldai, Darrang.
- The cabinet has also approved the Assam Heritage Protection and Preservation Bill. The Bill proposes to provide protection, preservation, conservation, maintenance restoration, development and promotion of the State heritage sites and objects – other than those declared by or under the law made by Parliament to be of national importance or those covered under the ‘Assam Ancient Monuments and Records Act – 1959‘.
- The amendment of Assam MSME Bill was approved in the same cabinet.
- Orunodoi Scheme Approved – Under the scheme over 19 lakh households will get a sum of Rs 830 each every month. The scheme was announced by the Finance Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma in his Budget speech 2020-21.