Current Affairs is an important section to cover if one wish to appear in any kind of competitive exams like APSC, UPSC, all state civil service exams, Railway exams, SSC, RRBs, IAS, ACS, all Government job exams, TET, CTET and different banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO, SBI Clerk , RBI etc. We have covered the latest Daily Current Affairs – 28 September 2020. Visit our page regularly to get the latest information and get updated and prepared for your exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 28 September 2020
1. Yanin Hazarika Award, 2020 Conferred
The sixth Yanin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award, 2020 was conferred on historian and author Rana Safvi on 23rd September, 2020.
- The Yanin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award is presented every year by a collective of women professionals in memory of the first women from the northeast to join the Central Police services.
- The award recognizes and celebrates women who have made a notable contribution to the greater good of the society.
- Rana Safvi is a passionate believer in India’s Ganga jamuni Tehzeeb, which she documents through her writings, videos and podcasts.
- She started a Twitter forum #shair in 2011 which popularized Hindi online.
- She has published seven books on culture, history and monuments of India- Tales from the Quran and Hadith, the Delhi Trilogy: where stones speak, The Forgotten Cities of Delhi , Shahjahanabad thee Living City of Old Delhi etc.
- She has translated both the editions of Sir Syed Ahmad Khans Asar us Sanadid, Dastan e Ghadar and four accounts of the 19th and 20th century Delhi from Urdu to English.
2. National Medical Commission(NMC) replaces Medical Council of India(MCI)
The Medical Council of India has been replaced by National Medical Commission on 25th of September, 2020 with an aim to bring in reforms in medical education.
- Dr. Suresh Chandra Sarma, former head of ENT, AIIMS, Delhi has been appointed as the Chairman of newly formed National Medical Commission.
- The Medical Council of India(MCI) was dissolved in 2018 and was replaced with a BOG chaired by Dr. VK Paul.
- The NMC will have four seperate autonomous boards – under-graduate medical education, post graduate medical education, medical assessment and rating and ethics and medical registration.
- The regulatory body will consist of 33 members – a Chairman, 10 ex officio members and 22 Part- time Members.