The Union Agricultural Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched a Youtube channel of NCDC(National Cooperative Development Corporation on August 4, 2020. The channel is named as “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India”.
About Sahakar Cooptube NCDC
- The new Youtube Channel will act as medium to involve the youth and farmers of the country in the cooperative movement by educating them about the benefits of cooperatives.
- The Channel is aimed to boost Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan – a vision of making India self reliant in which government has taken numerous decisions like changing definitions of MSMEs, boosting scope of private participation in numerous sectors etc.
- The Channel will release guidance videos in different languages covering 18 states . The videos are believed to strenghthen and deepen the major initiatives of government to promote and form 10000 FPOs.
- It can be noted here that NCDC has a major role in forming FPOs in cooperative mode.
- The guidance videos on formation and registration of a cooperative are produced by the NCDC design studio.
- The National Cooperative Development Corporation(NCDC) is a statutory corporation under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare set up under an Act of Indian Parliament on March 13, 1963.
- The headquarter of the corporation is at New Delhi.
- The objectives of NCDC are to plan and promote programmes for production, processing, marketing, storage, export and import of agricultural produce, livestock, food stuffs, and other notified commodities and services on cooperative principles.
- NCDC has been playing an important role in creation of market linked business plan based ecosystem in agriculture and allied activities.
- The corporation has launched several programmes such as SAHAKAR-22, SAHAKAR-MITRA, SAHAKAR-PRAGYA, YUVA SAHAKAR etc.
- NCDC has a major role in forming FPOs in cooperative mode.
FPO stands for Farmers Producer Organization. It is an initiative by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare where farmers can form groups and register themselves under the Indian Companies Act. Here farmers are regarded as the producers of the agricultural pruducts.
The objective of forming such groups and registering as a company is to engage the farmer companies to procure products and sell them in a wide area of distribution. This helps the farmers to gain more as they are backed by the Minimum Support price(MSP) undertaken by Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium(SFAC).